Homer High School Library Catalog: Alexandria Researcher
- Personalize your access to Homer High’s library catalog. “Log In” using your student number as your ID and your last name as the password. (If your student number begins with a zero, leave it off.) You may change your password at any time, and the librarian may reset it to your last name if you ever forget it. Now, you may place holds on books, make a list of books to read by placing them in your temporary basket, print your checkout history, write reviews, renew books, etc.
- Digital books are indicated by a corner folded over on the cover art image. “O” is for Overdrive: a headphone icon for audiobooks and an opened book icon for eBooks.
Library Catalogs for other KPBSD Schools
- Items may be borrowed from other libraries in KPBSD. Speak with the HHS librarian, and she will try to get items for you. Go to Find It! to look in the catalogs of other KPBSD schools
eBooks and Audiobooks from Overdrive: Read on a variety of devices or listen to MP3 files.
- Read in your browser -OR- on your Kindle or Nook -OR- Get the Overdrive app for your device
- If you get the app, add libraries: (1) KPBSD Schools (main collection) and (2) any public library you have an account with
- On a computer, go to the Overdrive log-on page. Log in using your school district ID number and usual password. (Staff, use your e-number and password but change the e to a 9.)
- For help with your devices see the librarian or go to the OverDrive website. OverDrive has tutorial videos as well as more detailed instructions. http://www.overdrive.com/drc/
- Personalize your reading and listening experience with Account Settings.
Audiobooks from Lit 2 Go
- University of South Florida, Lit 2 Go, audiobooks are available for FREE download to your iPod or other device: http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/
- You may also listen as you read the text online.
- Lit2Go.com FAQ says, “All passages on the Lit2Go site are currently available on iTunesU. However, due to the additional materials required to post material on the Lit2Go site, there are a number of audio passages available on iTunesU that are not currently available on Lit2Go.”
Homer Public Library
- Save a trip to the public library by looking online first to see it an item is available. http://www.cityofhomer-ak.gov/library
Battle of the Books http://www.akla.org/akasl/bb/bbhome.html
Library Thing–The Ultimate Treasure Chest of Book Information and Social Networking for Book Lovers
You can enter this site by searching for any title or author. Think of LibraryThing as a plethora of information about books and authors, including awards, all works by an author, opening and closing lines of books, important people and places in books or an author’s life, and any series to which a book belongs.
If you are intested, you can also catalog your own books on this site and request free, new releases each month.
Accounts are free.
- American Library Association awards for 2015: http://www.perma-bound.com/ala-awards/
- Pulitzer Prize: http://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-year/2015
- Nobel Prize: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/
- Reading suggestions, reviews, newly published titles: http://www.goodreads.com/
- Reviews and new releases: http://www.teenreads.com/
- Reviews for parents and teens: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/